Wednesday, January 2, 2013

And the final verdict is in...

SO as I said before that today was the dr appointment that would finalize everything. Well...for the most part, now the question is...which road do we walk down? Today the dr spent quite a long time explaining to me everything. I got to see pictures of my organs, and the final verdict is that due to me being raped when I was 18, the dr has no doubt in his mind that contracting the stds that I did are the cause of the damage. My uterus is beautiful and my ovaries are perfect so there is hope for IVF.

The only thing we have to do now, is make a decision and go toward it.

I contacted Dr Potters office (The Dr that was on the Ricki Lake show with us) and found out pricing information and options. I know that I am probably looking at about $20K as I will be paying out of pocket for all expenses. Although they are going to TRY to get my insurance to cover the office visits but generally they don't when I am labeled "Infertile". Also when you do IVF they want you to purchase a package plan because their goal is to get you pregnant. I don't know if I want to spend that much money and still have no end result, when with adoption you will have an end result. It's such a big step for our future and it's so scary.

How do you rationalize taking a risk at such a huge expense?
How do you find the light in the dark?

It's just so scary! But I'm confident that there will be a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment