Monday, December 31, 2012

Good Bye 2012, Hello 2013

So this past year has been a  year of ups and downs. I know right now I feel like it's been a lot of downs but I'm willing to look back on everything and take it for what it was.

First off I want to count my blessings:
1. I have an amazing wonderful husband who I celebrated 5 years with.
2. I have two of the most adorable dogs in the entire world.
3. I have a couple of pretty damn awesome friends who I can depend on.
4. I'm in SUNNY California and not freezing my face off right now.
5. I have wonderful parents!

This year the positive things:
1. I met Chaning. She has been nothing but amazing to me. We have our moments were I'm sure I'm annoying the crap out of her, the kids are being goofy, or we just have space between us. But I know this friendship will last forever. No matter the time, distance, future...I know that deep down I can pick up the phone and just say I miss you, I need you, and thank you. She has two of the most awesome munchkins who I adore. They are beyond silly and they light up life during a difficult time. They are little stinkers sometimes but they will be wonderful adults because they have two parents who raise them with value and love. They don't smother them, spoil them, or teach them to be nasty like a lot of people these days. These kids are filled with love, energy, and smiles! She truly is one of my best friends and a family I cannot live without. I'm truly blessed.

2. Among the friends in my life the ones that out stand the most are Carla, Chaning, Amber, Sydney, and Des. They are the ones that have been right there to pick up the pieces each and every time I've gotten bad news. I have many friends but these are the ones that have been very prominent in my life this past year. No matter how far or close they have been there.

3. I paid off my motorcycle, learned to ride it, and it's not collecting dust because of the maintenance that needs to be done on it.

4. I finally did get answers when it comes to my infertility, although clearly not the answers I wanted but answers none the less. I also went on national television to try to spread the word about infertility.

5. I started selling SCENTSY!!!!! I could not imagine being a consultant for a better company. I will always sing for Scentsy as I adore everything about it. It's a stressful business but at the end of the day I'm thankful I have found it.

I don't want to sit and complain about the bad things that have happened this year. I do that enough, so the one and only thing I am going to say about the con of the year is the fact that I did find out the worst and it absolutely has taken a toll on me. But I'm lucky that it was found this close to the new year because of my resolutions. I will not dwell anymore. I'm working on letting it all go and moving forward with my life. Even if it means that my life will be without child. It's time to look toward my future and find the beauty in life.

My resolutions this year...and you might want to pay attention because these should be pretty good!

1. I will lose and retain a steady weight of 155lbs by the summer.
2. I will finish school this year.
3. I will meet the band Train and ask them the one question about Meet Virginia.
4. I will find happiness in each and every day no matter how bad the day is.
5. I will start working on my book about Infertility and the journey so I can help others.
6. I want to inspire people, be charitable, and eventually be in a position where I can give back to my community in a positive way. I want to make a difference in this world once little step at a time.
7. I will ride my bike this year to a destination other than Outer Loop, and this will be off post! (This is a huge deal for me since I am so afraid of traffic)
8. I want to witness a miracle this year. I don't know what it will be or where, but this will happen.
9. I will not be involved in drama.
10. I will also write 1 thing at least a week that is a blessing, and place it in my jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment